Egg Best Source Of Protein
The proteins of the egg are of excellent quality, they are considered as reference proteins. The egg is even the best source of protein in the diet. Like spirulina it is one of the best foods for bodybuilding . Its proteins allow the maintenance of the tissue substance and rapid muscle mass .
Is the egg easy to digest?
The digestibility of the egg is variable according to the cooking, the best being that of the well-cooked, yellow, well-cooked white egg that has just begun to coagulate. Lipids are contained in yellow and have a significant amount of cholesterol, 270 mg for an egg. Its consumption must be controlled in cholesterol-lowering diets, no more than 2 to 3 eggs per week.
- Vitamins of the egg
- Nutritional value
- Egg and balanced diet
- Freshness and conservation
- Internal links
Vitamins of the egg:
The egg contains a significant amount of iron and vitamin B12. It is therefore an interesting food to consume in case of anemia. Vitamins A, E, D are lipid-mediated vitamins therefore present in the yolk. Their roles are in another:
- Vitamin A: role in the skin and twilight vision.
- Vitamin E: role in protecting the body, antioxidant.
- Vitamin D: role in bone calcification.
Hard boiled eggs make you lose weight:
FALSE: This rumor is based on the fact that digesting hard boiled eggs requires more time and energy than digesting less cooked eggs. But the digestion of a hard egg takes much less energy than the one it brings. Moreover, the hard egg is often recommended in diets because it is a good appetite suppressant and it cooks without fat. It is for this reason, and as such only, that we can consider that the hard egg helps to lose weight.
Hard yolk is indigestible:
TRUE: It is more digestible when it is poorly cooked It must be consumed calf that is soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes 30.
Hard egg white is indigestible
FALSE: It may seem heavy to digest but it is much more digestible than raw egg white, because the cooking makes it attackable by the digestive juices. Raw egg white is only 50% digestible, while cooked egg white is 90% digestible.
Nutritional value of the egg:
The egg is a food found in many preparations, quiche, au gratin and pastry. It is also consumed alone, omelette, on the dish, hard. Its nutritional value is interesting; per 100g of whole egg is 12g of protein and 11g of fat, the weight of carbohydrates is negligible. A single egg brings 87.5 calories.
Rich in phosphorus and relatively low in calcium
Notable amount of iron: 2 mg
Vitamins of group B (B1, B2, B12)
Fat-soluble vitamins: A, E, D in an interesting quantity.
The weight of a chicken egg is on average 60 grams. The weight of the egg white is 36g, about 60% of the total weight. The egg can be consumed instead of meat or fish: 2 eggs are equivalent to 100 grams of meat. It is best not to exceed 2 eggs per meal for an adult. The egg is often used as a preparation binder in gratins, sauces, quiches. It is also very often integrated with desserts (pastries, cakes, creams). It must therefore be taken into consideration during cholesterol-lowering diets. The egg also occupies a privileged place in a protein diet aimed at losing weight. Alas this type of diet is inefficient in the long run and causes the Yoyo effect .
Freshness and conservation:
The freshness does not depend on the color of the yellow which is more or less intense depending on the feeding of the hen. When the egg is fresh, once broken, the yellow stands well in the center of the white which has a high viscosity. For the less fresh egg, the yellow spreads in the very liquid white. It is advisable to keep the eggs in the fridge, the fat end up. Yellow tends to rise, it will have less chance to stick to the shell and therefore will be less in contact with the air. For hygienic reasons, it is best to clean the shell just before breaking the egg, since the egg has not been cleaned since egg-laying because the shell is covered with a natural protective film against micro-organisms. organizations.
Neighboring pages on egg and protein:
- Foods with high nutritional content: 6 foods rich in protein or high nutritional content that limit the cravings for snacking
- Spirulina : Spirulina by its contribution of iron, beta-carotene and protein is an essential dietary supplement for athletes demanding and concerned about their well being
- Amino acids : The need for amino acids is greatly increased during an intense sports program to rebuild organic proteins and prevent muscle catabolism
- Lack of iron: The lack of iron is a permanent risk for athletes. Certain foods help to avoid a deficiency, synonymous with anemia and abandonment of sport
- The transformation of proteins : To live, grow and maintain our cells, our body needs supplements such as proteins, essential to life
- Tryptophan and milk : the soothing action of milk is due to the presence of tryptophan, amino acid precursor of serotonin.
- Cholesterol and Sport : 30 minutes of walking each day is enough to start lowering cholesterol